Operations Coordinator - 501766
The University of Richmond seeks candidates of exceptional ability for the position of Operations Coordinator, UR Downtown. Under minimal supervision, provide operational oversight, administrative support, office management, and space management for UR Downtown. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies for UR Downtown, providing information on University of Richmond and UR Downtown. Coordinates the provision of building and staff support services and oversees and/or participates in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events. May supervise student employees.
**For consideration, Resume and Cover Letter must be included with the application.**
- Serve as the point of contact for all visitors to UR Downtown and answers in-person and telephone inquiries, assisting a wide range of visitors to the space. Maintain and order office supplies and equipment for CCE staff and resolve a range of routine administrative problems and inquiries in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Inspect facility on periodic basis and reports aesthetic and cleanliness issues to appropriate personnel. Evaluate on-site management environment and submit recommendations to revise procedures and/or advocate for service, space, technology, and equipment requirements for continuous quality improvement. Upon approval, coordinate with campus units and vendors to ensure changes are implemented.
- Execute/administer multiple contracts with vendors for services within budget and according to university policy. Serves as operations point of contact with vendors, security, the landlord, and on-campus allied units.
- Manages space requests for various meetings, conferences, and special events at UR Downtown; manages event schedule, room set-up, and technology for users including university programming through the CCE; may serve as after-hours point of contact or coordinate coverage.
- Compiles, organizes, formats data, and analyzes trends for regular and ad hoc reports regarding building operations and usage and shares analysis for continuous improvement.
- Supervises student employees that help with operations which may include recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training and mentoring, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities relevant to UR Downtown and the Community Relationships Team; prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different constituencies.
- Interest in learning, problem-solving, making recommendations and advancing facility operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs and work independently.
- Able to appropriately use proprietary software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office management and project management procedures.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
GED and 2-4 years administrative support experience with demonstrated project management and event management experience; higher education or non-profit experience preferred.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Occasional nights or weekend work required
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range $15.46 to $20.49 per hour)
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE